Please check back in the spring for information on advertising with the Daily during the 2015 Chautauqua season.
To advertise in Chautauqua Institution’s two major off-season publications, please contact ad rep Tim Joncas at 814-665-8291, ext. 22.
The Chautauquan Daily features a staff of writers, designers, editors and photographers from across the nation who bring expertise in such disciplines as law and politics, medicine, the environment, theater, music, religion and the arts. Both professionals and college interns, the staff embodies a mix of lifelong Chautauquans and people who have admired the arts and community from afar.
The Chautauquan Daily
The Chautauquan Daily serves an area that’s strategically located at the hub of a population center which reaches out to more than 150,000 summer residents and visitors of the Chautauqua Institution.
We’re the Official Newspaper of Chautauqua Institution
- Our subscribers and advertisers have access to a daily newspaper that covers a wide range of educationally, cultural and musical events.
- Daily readers get news and information about local activities and the more than 2,000 scheduled events in nine-week summer session.
- Our daily broadsheet, classified and preprinted inserts offers vast opportunities at local and regional shopping and entertainment centers within a 45-minute drive.
Right for the Consumer
- Published 6 days a week (except Sundays).
- Delivered by carrier and U.S. Mail.
- Delivered by 8 a.m. daily.
- Approximately 3,500 circulated daily.
- Hundreds sold to Amphitheater patrons.
We’re Read by Many
Those who open the pages of The Chautauquan Daily include corporate executives, business and professional people, government leaders, administrators, teachers and a wide range of visitors in the area.
Effective June 1, 2014
Contract Space Rates: (Non-commission)
Local Open Rate — $8.75 per col. inch
21 to 51 inches — $7.90 per col. inch
52 to 102 inches — $7.74 per col. inch
103 to 152 inches — $7.47 per col. inch
153 to 250 inches — $7.32 per col. inch
251 to 300 inches — $7.15 per col. inch
301 to 500 inches — $6.95 per col. inch
501 to 600 inches — $6.78 per col. inch
601 to 900 inches — $6.58 per col. inch
901 to 1500 inches — $6.36 per col. inch
+1500 inches —$6.15 per col. inch
1 to 20 inches — $25 per insertion
21 to 50 inches — $50 per insertion
51 to 75 inches — $100 per insertion
+75 inches — $200 per insertion
All rates are subject to change.
Total amount of contract due upon placement of ad schedule.
Documents must be proper dimensions to fit within the columns of the Daily. The maximum height is 21 inches. Width can be one of six options, please build your document around these dimensions.
1 column = 1.833″
2 columns = 3.792″
3 columns = 5.75″
4 columns = 7.708″
5 columns = 9.667″
6 columns = 11.625″
Following the specifications below will ensure that your ad reproduces well in the Daily. If you don’t have the capabilities to design your own ad please come in and discuss it with our advertising manager and our staff will be happy to help you. If you choose to design your own ad, please follow the specifications below.
Photos: TIFF or high-quality JPEG, CMYK or grayscale; no RGB or bitmap files.
Format: CD (include paper printout), email email@example.com, DVD (include paper printout)
Save As: When saving your PDF, use the full version of Adobe Acrobat in Adobe or Acrobat Distiller. Save it as version 5.0 format. Always save as “Press Quality” in the Adobe PDF preset drop box.
Fonts: Embed all Fonts and Graphics
Marks: No printer marks — these include crop, color bars, registration, etc.
Word Files: We can accept MS Word files, but they will be rebuilt by the advertising staff using graphics software to look like your file. If your MS Word file has photos in it, you will need to submit them separately via email or CD. See above specifications for submitting photos.
The Chautauquan Daily Advantage
- Full news advertising
- Solid readership
- Professional staff
- Market penetration
- Each issue lists that day’s events, programs, lectures
- Local real estate listings
Chautauqua Institution Advantage
- Entertainment and shopping, full range of summer accommodations for Chautauqua visitors
- Arts and entertainment events for the entire family
- Summer educational classes and lecture platforms for visitors
- Many youth and recreational activities
Major Transportation Routes
Interstate 90, Routes 394, I-86, 60, 62, 69, 424, 474 & 430. Jamestown, N.Y., Erie, Pa., and Buffalo, N.Y., airports are accessible.
Business Directory Information
Offseason advertising opportunities are available in our winter and spring Chautauquans which are direct mailed to more than 20,000 Chautauquans.