Annual PNC Day includes sponsorship of Kathleen Hicks lecture

PNC Financial Services Inc. is underwriting Kathleen Hicks’ 10:45 a.m. lecture Monday in the Amphitheater. Hicks is a senior vice president, Henry A. Kissinger chair and International Security Program director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. PNC is sponsoring her lecture as part of the annual PNC Day at Chautauqua, which is in its 22nd year.

“PNC Day at Chautauqua is a highlight of our summer calendar each year,” said James F. Stevenson, PNC regional president, northwestern Pennsylvania. “We enjoy visiting this regional asset and are proud to be part of such an amazing lecture series.”

Hicks previously served in the Department of Defense as principal deputy undersecretary for policy and as deputy undersecretary of defense for strategy, plans and forces. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and serves on the boards of the Truman National Security Project and SoldierStrong. In 2015, she was a presidentially appointed commissioner for the National Commission on the Future of the Army.

For more information on sponsorship opportunities at Chautauqua, contact Megan Sorenson, associate director of the Chautauqua Fund, at 716-357-6243 or foundation@ciweb.org.

Tags : Kathleen HicksPhilanthropyPNC DayPNC Financial Services Inc.sponsorship
Meaghan Wilby

The author Meaghan Wilby

Meaghan Wilby covers the Lincoln Series in Applied Ethics as well as special lectures and programs, and works with the Chautauqua Foundation to cover development activities. Originally from New Zealand, she recently graduated from Allegheny College with a B.A. in English. She played four years of varsity basketball at Allegheny and was an editor for The Campus newspaper for two years. She can be reached at meaghan.wilby@gmail.com.