Hultquist Foundation continues longtime sponsorship of Music School Festival Orchestra

Since 1965, the Hultquist Foundation has been supporting the broader Jamestown community by donating approximately $750,000 to various charities in the area each year. For the past two decades, Chautauqua’s Music School Festival Orchestra has been a beneficiary of these donations.

“The directors have always been very fond of the program,” said Stephen Wright, president of the Hultquist Foundation. “We love the fact that it attracts talented young musicians to Chautauqua County every summer.”

According to Wright, siblings Carl Hultquist and Cathy Hultquist-Hall created the foundation in memory of the late Earle Hultquist, a successful Jamestown industrialist.

“The Hultquists had their favorite charities and were very fond of the Chautauqua Institution and all the programs,” Wright said. “That’s one of the reasons why we continue to support Chautauqua.”

The board of directors for the foundation will be on the grounds to enjoy the final MSFO concert of the season at 8:15 p.m. Monday in the Amphitheater.

Along with their ongoing support of the MSFO, the Hultquist Foundation also has a five-year, $1.5 million commitment to the recent construction of the new Amp.

“We’re very pleased and proud to continue to be able to support the fine programs at Chautauqua,” Wright said.

For more information on underwriting opportunities at Chautauqua, please contact Tina Downey, director of the Chautauqua Fund, at 716-357-6404 or tdowney@chq.org.

Tags : AmphitheaterHultquist FoundationMSFOMusic School Festival Orchestra
Meaghan Wilby

The author Meaghan Wilby

Meaghan Wilby covers the Lincoln Series in Applied Ethics as well as special lectures and programs, and works with the Chautauqua Foundation to cover development activities. Originally from New Zealand, she recently graduated from Allegheny College with a B.A. in English. She played four years of varsity basketball at Allegheny and was an editor for The Campus newspaper for two years. She can be reached at meaghan.wilby@gmail.com.