M&T Bank Corporation sponsor “An Evening with Garrison Keillor”

M&T Bank Corporation is sponsoring “An Evening with Garrison Keillor featuring Rich Dworsky and Heather Masse” at 8:15 p.m. Friday in the Amphitheater.

“We are proud to be a sponsor (of Chautauqua’s programming),” said Kevin Brombacher, vice president of M&T. “In many cases we pick a show to sponsor, but our real intent is always to sponsor Chautauqua Institution in its entirety, not necessarily just a show in the Amphitheater.”

A longtime supporter of Chautauqua, M&T last sponsored Straight No Chaser in 2013 and annually contributes to the Institution’s mission.

Founded in 1856 in Buffalo, M&T is a community-focused bank that serves customers in northwestern United States. With more than $120 billion in assets, they provide banking, insurance, investments, mortgage and commercial financial services through more than 800 branches, and a variety of online and mobile services according to their website.

“Being that we’re part of this community, and that Chautauqua is such a meaningful part, we always like to show sponsorship (support) to the Institution,” Brombacher said.

This year’s event features Garrison Keillor, former host of public radio show “A Prairie Home Companion.” Keillor is a National Radio Hall of Fame inductee, best-selling author, Grammy and Peabody Award winner, and recipient of a National Humanities Medal.

For more information on sponsorship opportunities at Chautauqua, contact Tina Downey, director of the Chautauqua Fund, at 716-357-6406 or foundation@ciweb.org.

Tags : entertainmentGarrison KeillorM&T Bank CorporationPhilanthropy
Meaghan Wilby

The author Meaghan Wilby

Meaghan Wilby covers the Lincoln Series in Applied Ethics as well as special lectures and programs, and works with the Chautauqua Foundation to cover development activities. Originally from New Zealand, she recently graduated from Allegheny College with a B.A. in English. She played four years of varsity basketball at Allegheny and was an editor for The Campus newspaper for two years. She can be reached at meaghan.wilby@gmail.com.